‘working together to achieve our best’
We are committed to developing our children to be happy well rounded individuals who have a love of
learning through which they achieve and progress.
We want them to enter into the wider world as:
• happy and positive individuals
• responsible citizens able to make a positive contribution
• adaptable in an ever-changing technological world
• lifelong, safe and healthy learners
We promote believing in yourself and others.
We never give up and always strive to achieve goals.
At Castlechurch we are happy to learn and proud to achieve;
Our vision will be achieved by:
• Promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning so that all children,
regardless of age, ability, race, religion, disability or gender have the opportunity to become
successful independent learners and lead to rapid and sustained progress.
• Providing a curriculum that meets statutory requirements whilst providing a broad
range of learning experiences, facilitating the acquisition of skills, knowledge and understanding.
This will enable children to progress confidently to secondary school and take their place in a
multicultural and ever changing diverse society.
• Continually developing the skills and expectations of all staff in order to enhance the
quality of learning and teaching
• Developing and deploying resources efficiently in order to provide a safe, pleasant and
enriched learning environment.
• Creating a school where everyone behaves well with confidence and co-operation, and
where discipline is addressed in a fair, positive and consistent way.
• Developing partnerships through which parents, governors and the local/ global
community can take an active and effective role in the education of children and promoting
lifelong learning; celebrating in their achievements, participating and sharing successes within
the wider community.
Our Vision and core purpose for being a school and the type of school we want to be is revisited by all Teachers and Teaching Assistants and shared with Governors and Parents every September.