School Dinners or Packed Lunch

Hot School Dinners

Tasty and nutritious school dinners are prepared fresh in the school kitchen everyday, along with a salad station, jacket potatoes and a choice of sandwiches.

Packed Lunches

You are welcome to send your child with a packed lunch. We ask that lunches from home are healthy and don't contain solid chocolate bars or sweets. Chocolate biscuits are okay.

Free School Meals

From Reception to Year 2 all children are eligible for Universal Free School Meals and therefore are provided with a free lunch every day, unless you choose to send them with a packed lunch.

You can apply for Free School Meals for children who are older (and we also recommend that you apply if you think you are eligible even if your child is already receiving Universal Free School Meals) using the link below to apply online or by completing the form and returning it to the school office.

You are also eligible if you receive any of the following:

  • Income Support
  • Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
    Eligible for Child Tax Credit but not Working Tax Credit and the household income (as used by HMRC to assess tax credits) is not more that £16,190. Please note: anyone eligible for Working Tax Credit, or if you have a partner and they receive it, regardless of Income, you will not qualify
  • The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
  • Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • In receipt of the 4 week run on of working tax credit (this is where someone becomes unemployed or reduces their hours and so is no longer entitled to working tax credit but will continue to receive it for a further 4 weeks and is entitled to free meals during that time)
  • Universal credit (provided you have an annual net earned household income of no more than £7,400 as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods). Your net earned income is your household income after taxes and deductions and does not include income from Universal Credit or any other benefits you may receive